AFVBM Biennial General Meeting
May 7-11, 2014
Our next meeting will take place at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. The hotel is in a very accessible and family-friendly part of the city, within walking distance of the Magnificent Mile, and Water Tower Place.
- Josef Loferski, Department of Wood Science at Virginia Tech.
- Duane Rosengard on the late 18th century Cremonese makers
- Carlo Chiesa on Ruggieri and Rogeri
- Phillip Kass on Pressenda and Rocca
- Ben Schröder on Jakob Stainer
- Klaus Grünke on the Nurnberger Families in Markneukirchen
- Paul Childs on Peccatte
- Yung Chin on cello bows
- Paul Childs, Isaac Salchow, and Jim Warren in a panel discussion on bows
Instrument and Bow Exhibit
The exhibit will include instruments and bows covered in the lectures:
Rocca, Pressenda, Ruggeri, Rogeri, Stainer, Storioni, Rota, Nicola Bergonzi, and the Ceruti family. There will also be examples by Stradivari, Bergonzi and Guadagnini and other fine instruments.
Mondomusica New York – New in 2013
The AFVBM had a double booth (1000 square feet) in a great location within the exhibition held in April 2013, and 28 Federation members participated. Pictures from the event can be seen here.
The second annual Mondomusica New York will take place in the heart of Soho from April 10 to 12, 2014.
Looking for a violin or bow maker?
Please browse our Members Directory to locate someone near you.
Interested in becoming a member?
See our members section for information about becoming a member of the federation.
Please read this before calling Sotheby's.
Check this page for information on what you can do and who to contact.